|Videocinematography Instruction Leaflet|
- Difficulties swallowing
- Solid food gets stuck in the esophagus
- Reflux of the contents of the stomach into the esophagus
- When food is suspected to have entered the windpipe (aspiration)
- Sensation of a foreign body = "a lump in the throat "
- Confirmation or disproval of a rupture of the diaphragm
Patients are asked to take sips of the contrast material under supervision. The act of swallowing is then observed by the radiologist and images are obtained in various positions. The patient is then asked to swallow a piece of a bread roll or a bite from a slice of bread.